Saturday, December 20, 2008

Getting Results

Ok
*
I find trees to cut. I load up the truck with my saws, wedges and safety equipment. I drive to the trees. I cut up the trees. I load them in the truck. I drive home. I back up to the woodshed. I unload the logs. I make my neat woodpile. I repeat this again on a later day.
*
That gets me results. I do the labor and my results can be seen out in my side yard in the form of a hulking pile of firewood. Maybe all this is what makes me enjoy heating with wood and my OWB. I do the work, I see the results. I don't do the work, we all freeze in the winter. Come to think of it, I don't think there is anything else that I do in life that gives me the same results oriented outcome than my woodcutting for my Hardy H2. At my day job I do something good for the company...nobody seems to care or notice. I come up with a great idea to make the company more profitable...my boss shoots it down because he didn't think of it first. At home, I preach the virtue of family...my children fight with each other and argue. My VCR blinks 12:00 AM, my friends never come over to visit, my gun club doesn't mail me my monthly newsletter, McDonald's charged me .40 cents for extra tartar sauce on my Fillet-O-Fish...you know how it goes. But the wood cuts nicely into 30 inch rounds and stacks nicely in the shed. It burns when you put it in the firebox.
*
Today is my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I'm thinking of buying them a rick of firewood. Smokin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Site Counter
Family Vacations