Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting started

Ok

I have to get all my pictures of my Hardy H2 posted. I installed this guy by myself, with help from Pa, saving $1000. As you can see from my picture, I underestimated the size of my woodshed for how much wood this furnace uses. These are nothing like a fireplace. You need wood, and a LOT of it. OWB's aren't for everyone and every house, but I am really happy with mine, not realizing at the time of purchase, that I was also buying a new hobby and lifestyle. I'm a woodcutter now!

My goal was free heat, which I have achieved, by definition of the word "free." Free to me was not spending money to heat my house. I spent $5000 on my purchase of the Hardy and my calculations show that I will have it payed for this February. That is the pure money side of it...Now, I have purchased three chainsaws, numerous chainsaw accessories, not to mention the time, labor, broken ankle...more on this later...cuts, bruises, sunburns, sore back, and other sprains and strains all for my free heat. Is it worth it? For me it is. What better way to get in shape than going into the woods and bringing home the logs!? It sure beats hanging out in a health center with a bunch of sweaty jerks. Smokin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Site Counter
Family Vacations