Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I've Got To Get Busy

Ok
*
It's been a while since my last post but I have had a busy, productive summer...just not busy and productive with my woodcutting.
*
I coached two softball teams this summer and had to get our house ready for a family reunion. The reunion was a blast but getting our house ready for the event was a major undertaking. Ugh...I have learned my lesson the hard way of volunteering to have all the relatives come to my house.
*
So I was looking at my woodpile yesterday and realized I need to get busy if I'm going to have enough wood to get me through the winter. This summer here in Ohio has been very hot and even if I had the time to cut wood, I still wouldn't have because of the heat. Us Buckeyes aren't used to 90 degree heat and high humidity. Regardless, I have started up the "Wood Game" and have begun to work my leads in finding trees for me to process into firewood and haul home. I have been given two gigantic ash trees at the edge of a corn field but I can't work those until after harvest. As long as the ground is dry I should be able to cut those up and bring them home....ash is a great firewood. Also, two other friends have offered me up maple trees...they're not very big but I'll take them. I have tinkered with my saws, cleaned air filters, sharpened chains, etc. It's time to get busy.
*
OWB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Site Counter
Family Vacations