Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cutting and Hauling Firewood

Ok
*
I haven't written in a while. Spring brings me a lot of distractions from my blogging, namely coaching baseball and softball. I help run our local summer baseball/softball league, coach a number of teams, and run a skills clinic for the younger players in our area. Once the snow melts my interests get tugged in many different directions.
*
Whenever life gets too busy for me I can always "get away from it all" by heading out into the woods and bring home next years heat. This is just what I did recently when northern Ohio's winter was chased away by 60 degree temperatures. The ground dried up enough for me to get my truck out of the barn and load up the saws. I had a couple locust trees given to me by a local farmer friend so I quickly dispatched these guys into firewood and trucked them home. Here are some pictures of my haul. Sorry I forgot to take the camera with me to the cutting site. It was an old farmhouse the owner tore down. He filled in the basement and bulldozed down the trees that used to shade the house.
*
This is me, my truck, my saws, and the locust...


Here is the locust as it sits in the bed. My truck is a 1977 Ford F150. It is a great truck...I would be lost without it. Sometimes I can't figure out what's more important for my firewood acquisition, the truck or my saws. I cut this load with my Husqvarna 455 Rancher. It fired right up after setting silent all winter. It is a great saw. The Rancher feels perfectly balanced in my hands and runs powerful and smooth. It's a great saw and I recommend this Husky to anyone who cuts a lot of firewood.

That's all for now. I will try to keep posting my exploits this summer as I bring home the wood. Safe cutting everyone!
*
OWB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Site Counter
Family Vacations